Thursday, March 10, 2011

my creative space: a future date between...

...this fabric from Simone's place...
and this otto-person made years ago by me and my good friend and chandelier fairy Chris...
and some other yet to be discovered fabric because when I bought the yellow and grey I had no intention of using it here, and therefore...of course...there is not enough! But now that I've thought of it I can't think of using it for anything else! So, what should I match it with...any ideas?
There's probably an answer over at Kirsty's...but just in case there's not, what do you reckon?

12 comments:

  1. That will be great! I have no bright ideas yet as it's only 7.45am and I have only had one cuppa. Someone will come up with a fab idea I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could use it to make a cushion cover, lamp shade, place mats, all would look great... I don't like things to match too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would have look grand swathing your otto-person.

    xx Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  4. My suggestion:

    Cover the top of the ottoman, and with the remainder of that beautiful pattern work out how deep a border you could put onto a plain (charcoal?) background.

    I'd do it for you if I were a bit closer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm now that is a project day, ha. I like the idea of doing the top. Do you think it would mix with stripes, I love pattern and stripes mixed. cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Tricia Rose said..or get a different yellow/white fabric for the bottom...or buy more..I think Beach Vintage just got some more in stock a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabric is lovely. Use it ! And the otto-... what ? anyway, I like it a lot and I have thought about doing something like that too (for years). Is it difficult ?

    Have a wonderful day

    xo
    Anci

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that fabric. Just came across your blog, and I simply adore it. I just keep seeing more and more fab posts. I will follow you - have a look at my blog one day if you fancy;) Hope to see you soon - a xx

    http://anyaadores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Kerry, The fabric is quite gorgeous. Maybe for more cushions? I like lots of cushions. They make me feel as if I am in the lap of luxury! The ottoman is very handsome. Unless it needs redoing, I would not change it. I do love the richness of your decorating. You must simply hug yourself with delight sitting in this room. Lindaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Blog!
    Love the Eclectic feel through out.

    ♥
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah that fabric is gorgeous, have had my eye on that exact colour-way.

    depends which bit of the ottoman have you got enough fabric for?

    i think black & yellow for the top, and perhaps a very fine black ticking for hte bottom? xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the fabric. I think everything you do is just gorgeous. We're moving (again) in two months time so I'm cutting things I like for recreation once we're settled. Half your blog is on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you comment...I feel excited, chuffed and tranquil all at the same time! Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails