Thursday, March 3, 2011

my creative space...a painting that's taken forever!

I feel like this painting has had a gestation period equivalent to that of an elephant! I was determined to paint this costume after I'd seen it in the flesh at the Ballets Russes exhibition at the NGA.
There were many times during the process when I wanted to give up (and then it would have been an elephant of the white variety wouldn't it!)
But thanks to the encouragement of lots of people on FB, and the painterly advice of two of my favourite bloggy people, Mariska and Kerri with an 'i'...I soldiered on. And found a spot to hang it. But...it looked a bit lonely there beside my very big Helen Norton limited edition, so I added a simple poster from the Ballets Russes exhibition, and I'm a bit happier...
There's still an awful lot of wall space to fill in my living room though :) Guess I should show you that some time shouldn't I, now that it's painted and everything...and with the chandeliers up and sparkle arkling...
Just need to clean up this mess first ok?
Heaps of creative people over at Kootoyoo. Toodle-oo.

all images by me, 'cos it's my painting, my house and my mess!

18 comments:

  1. It looks perfect on that wall....super painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! It looks perfect in your lounge room Kerry! I'm so glad you stuck to it, I know what it's like when you don't feel like battling a creative piece but it's gorgeous!!!!!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fab Kerry. It picks up on the colours and pattern in the cushion on your lounge. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the Ballets Russes poster, this piece looks like it should always have been there. It ties in beautifully with your decor [a couple of cushions in particular] and must be a delight to see each day.

    Good on you for persisting,

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mucho fabulosa my amigo! Love it to bits, and I'm so glad you persevered. Oh, and as for the mess, you most definitely need an atelier. Just sayin'. K xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, amazing, i can see why it took ages, stunning work. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everyone! It's a beautiful painting, and its colours are perfect for that room ... oyt picks up the yellow in the couch and matches that cushion like they're old friends!

    So much creativity in just one townhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'Tis soooo goooood. I hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks fantastic Kerry. Very you, in terms of your worldly view on life. And yes, I'm waiting to see your walls, so get that mess cleaned up! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks intriguing on the waal! wonderful idea

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! Glad you stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this worked beautifully Kerry. And it's perfect on the wall above those gorgeous cushions on your sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely. I am glad you stuck at it when you didn't feel like doing it anymore. The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's gorgeous. So striking with the black background, it looks perfect next to the gold frame on your wall. Good job you stuck at it - what a great reward for having done so.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just could not depart your website before suggesting that I really loved the standard information an individual provide in your guests?
    Is gonna be back steadily to check up on new posts

    Have a look at my web-site - online graduate certificate programs

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you comment...I feel excited, chuffed and tranquil all at the same time! Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails